The Depot in Shoshone was built in 1928 at the junction of the Main Line and the Ketchum Branch of the Oregon Short Line Railway. The town dates from the building of the railroad. The first train arrived in Shoshone in 1883. From about 1937 until 1965 passengers traveling by train en route to Sun Valley arrived and departed from this depot. The trains to Shoshone also carried the first pioneers into the present-day Magic Valley.