Ketchum/Sun Valley Historical Society - Heritage and Ski Museum
Ketchum/Sun Valley Historical Society - Heritage and Ski Museum

The Sawtooth National Forest was established in 1905, and the first ranger station was built in Adams gulch in 1909. Ranger Arthur Berry lived in Ketchum and wanted the station closer to his home. In 1929 he and one other helper constructed the middle warehouse building wood cut from local forests. Other buildings on the site include two more warehouses and living quarters built by the Civilian Conservation Corps during the 1933 Depression. The Ketchum-Sun Valley Ski and Heritage Museum is housed on the site. The Museum preserves 25 collections, including early wooden skis used in the valley prior to 1935; the 1930-1993 Gretchen and Don Fraser Collection; and early Sun Valley photographs and oral histories of the development of skiing in the American West.

Ketchum/Sun Valley Historical Society - Heritage and Ski Museum
Ketchum/Sun Valley Historical Society - Heritage and Ski Museum

 

Ketchum/Sun Valley Historical Society - Heritage and Ski Museum
(Ketchum Ranger District Complex)
Ketchum, Blaine County

  • Grants: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1999

Location: 180 1st St E, Ketchum, Idaho 83340
View Google map

 


close window