The Rose Lake School was built around 1914 when the town was a busy sawmill community. The school gymnasium was added in the 1930s and a lunchroom building as then added in the 1950s. The school is a clear example of the influence of bungalow/colonial-style architecture on Kootenai County rural schoolhouse design. The structure was used as a school through 1984. The Rose Lake Community Historical Society organized to preserve the Rose lake Elementary School as a community center. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Rose Lake School Rose Lake, Kootenai County
Grants: 1993, 2005
Location: Highway 3, Rose Lake, ID 83810. Rose Lake is three miles off Interstate 90 at Cataldo. View Google map