The locomotive is located in the Scenic Six Historical Park in Potlatch. The engine is referred to as Old Number 1 and was a mainstay of locomotive power for the Potlatch Lumber Company on the Washington, Idaho and Montana Railroad. The locomotive was built in 1906 by the American Locomotive Company and was used for both freight and passenger service for many leaves. Steam power was phased out in the 1950s with the introduction of diesel locomotives.
Washington, Idaho & Montana Railroad Locomotive Number 1 Potlatch, Latah County