The First Indian Presbyterian Church of Kamiah was built in 1873 and is the oldest Presbyterian Church in Idaho. It is also the oldest Protestant Church. It has been in continuous use for over 130 years. The building was erected with fund provided for by the Nez Perce Treaty of 1863. The influential Nez Perce chief Lawyer served as the first elder and Henry H. Spalding preached there in the 1870s. Located nearby is the McBeth house where the Scottish missionaries Susan and Kate McBeth resided. Both are buried in the cemetery behind the Church.
Kamiah First Indian Presbyterian Church Kamiah, Lewis County
Location: US-12, Kamiah, Idaho 83536
N 46° 12.246 W 116° 00.416 View Google map